Bienvenue Cruise Passengers
The Best “Bienvenue” in the World!
Welcome Policy of the Saint Lawrence comes into effect
What is the Welcome policy?
“Borne out of a desire shared by Saint Lawrence ports of call, the CSLA’s Welcome Policy is a philosophy that guides the actions associated with the welcoming of cruise ships, crew members, and passengers, according to specific quality criteria. The Welcome policy and management tools of ports of call define the procedures needed to ensure that services provided are satisfactory to visitors. We have begun implementing the policy and ports of call will be accredited in 2016.” explains René Trépanier, CSLA Executive director
Specifically, the ports of call commit to:
- Demonstrate professionalism towards cruise lines, cruise passengers, and their collaborators, at all times;
- Ensure an adequate, safe and comfortable environment for their customers;
- Give a warm welcome to customers, be attentive to them, offer products and services adapted to their needs and in the image of the port of call;
- Introduce passengers to the culture and customs of the region, upon arrival;
- Demonstrate efficiency through teamwork;
- Make sure personnel is ready and disposed to receive visitors;
- Display good manners and respect towards visitors at ports of call;
- Meet the particular needs of different clientele and handle delicate situations appropriately;
- Promote regional products, services and attractions;
- Attain international standards in matters of maritime safety and security.