Did you know that...?
December 19, 2016
New and upcoming for 2017
As in years past, ships from a host of different cruise lines are scheduled to sail the waters of the Saint Lawrence in 2017. Next season, no fewer than seven will be making inaugural visits to one or more of our Québec-based ports of call. This is extremely good news because new itineraries serve to enhance the already impressive offering by international cruise lines. In scheduling visits to Destination Saint Lawrence, these new ships help substantiate continued growth for our member ports of call.
Who are these newcomers for 2017? They include as follows:
- Rhapsody of the Seas (Royal Caribbean Cruise Line): This imposing vessel will transport over 2400 passengers to Québec on September 19th 2017.
- Le Soléal (Compagnie du Ponant): This small luxury ship, which accommodates 264 passengers and 140 crew, will be calling into port at Havre Saint-Pierre, Saguenay, Québec, Gaspé and the Magdalen Islands in September 2017.
- Viking Sky and Viking Sea (Viking Cruise Line): These two sister ships, each carrying 930 passengers and crew, will be making stops at Montréal, Québec and Saguenay during the month of September.
- Silver Muse (Silversea): This all new ship, which accommodates 596 passengers and 411 crew, will inaugurate sailings in the spring, with visits to Montréal, Québec, Saguenay and Gaspé.
- Norwegian Jade (Norwegian Cruise Line): In October, this ship with a capacity of 2400 passengers and 1000 crew will be making a two-day stop at Québec.
- Akademik Sergey Vavilov (One Ocean Expeditions): This smaller-sized expedition vessel, which carries 92 passengers and a crew of 65, has scheduled stops next July in the Magdalen Islands, as well as at Gaspé and Havre Saint-Pierre (Anticosti Island).
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming them to our ports of call. Already, our teams are at work preparing the best welcome in the world!