Did you know that...?
March 11, 2009
Wedding at Québec… why not?
Why not, indeed! Let go, think outside the box and dare to be different! Treat yourself to the singular ambience of a special city for your special day. City of romance par excellence, Québec proudly figures among the top 20 cities in the world… 19th out of 100 according to the November 2008 edition of Condé Nast Traveler. All the more reason to plan a memorable sojourn in this one-of-a-kind port of call.
Boasting a rich, 400-year history, Québec projects a decidedly European image but comes replete with the best in contemporary North American amenities. City of history, art and culture, Québec is ideal for whatever kind of celebration you have in mind. Whether you are planning a small, intimate gathering or larger affair with friends and family, Québec is ripe with the promise of an extraordinary day that you and your guests will long remember.
In addition, this special city is home to an extensive lineup of year-round cultural activities, festivals and events which tend to peak in summer and fall. Cruise operators will delight in the intensity of the Québec experience and the selection of outstanding attractions. Following are several examples:
- The Image Mill: As the light of day begins to fade, this larger-than-life historic fresco comes alive on the Bunge silos adjacent to the Old Port. Visible from a number of locations in the city centre, this out-of-the-ordinary sight and sound spectacular, a renowned Robert Lepage creation, is guaranteed to enrapture and enchant.
- Fêtes de la Nouvelle-France (5-9 August): This animated fete in the city streets brings to life the wealth of Québec’s history and heritage.
- International Festival of Military Music (25-30 August): Tradition and history combine in a series of public concerts designed to showcase Old Québec’s fortifications and military sites of historic renown.
- Old Québec, a UNESCO world heritage site, bustles with a distinctive art de vivre and mix of alluring shops, cafés and eateries.
- VivaCité Trail is a readily accessible discovery walking tour of the neighbourhoods in the immediate vicinity of Old Québec. Simply follow the green and blue circular markings on the sidewalks and revel in the fascinating blend of local history and culture.
- And much more...
Following your stopover at Québec, why not honeymoon aboard a cruise ship? Cruising the St Lawrence is an adventure unlike any other!