Did you know that...?
December 13, 2017
Host of new offerings for 2018
If the 2017 cruise season proved highly positive, the 2018 season is shaping up to be nothing short of excellent. Indeed, with destination popularity on the rise, a number of ships have scheduled inaugural visits to the Saint Lawrence in 2018. Based on current bookings, we expect to experience growth again during the upcoming season.
To celebrate inaugural ship visits, port authorities and ship captains traditionally engage in an exchange of commemorative plaques. A number of these plaques will need to be prepared to underline the many maiden visits scheduled for 2018.
New ships planning visits in 2018
- AIDA: The AIDAvita, which can accommodate 1250 passengers, will visit the Saint Lawrence in the summer months.
- Disney Cruises: The Disney Magic (2400 passengers) will be making a long anticipated visit in September as part of a New York to Québec sailing.
- Hurtigruten: The Fram, with just 127 cabins, will make her way to our shores in May as part of an expedition type voyage.
- Cruises Jacques Cartier: The MS Jacques Cartier will commence operations in 2018 with no fewer than ten or so visits to the Saint Lawrence.
- Noble Caledonia: The Hebridean Sky, a ship with 59 cabins, will be stopping at the Magdalen Islands in the summer of 2018.
- Princess Cruises: The all new Royal Princess will treat her some 3600 passengers to the splendours of autumn along the Saint Lawrence in September 2018.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line: The Adventure of the Seas (3100 passengers) will pay a visit to Québec next fall.
- Silversea: The company will be ever more present on the Saint Lawrence in 2018 with visits by each of the Silver Cloud (254 passengers), Silver Spirit (608 passengers) and Silver Wind (294 passengers).
- Victory Cruise Line: The Victory II plans a number of voyages to Saint Lawrence shores next season as part of Great Lakes cruise itineraries.
- Windstar Cruises: The Star Pride (208 passengers) will be the first Windstar ship to sail the waters of the Saint Lawrence.
Member Saint Lawrence ports of call look forward to celebrating the advent of these new ships and extending to passengers one and all the warmest of welcomes. Destination Saint Lawrence awaits!